Friday, January 7, 2011

Green Eggs and Ham and Dr. Suess Heirlooms

Say!
I like green eggs and ham!
I do!! I like them, Sam-I-am!
And I would eat them in a boat!
And I would eat them with a goat...
And I will eat them in the rain.
And in the dark. And on a train.
And in a car. And in a tree.
They are so good so good you see!
 - Dr. Seuss


On one of our many bookshelves we have a collection of Dr. Seuss books that belonged to me as a kid. On this shelf is tucked a well read and loved copy of 'Green Eggs and Ham.' It features my kindergarten best scribble signature on the tittle page. I know it is a no no to write in books but I hope one day Blips signature will be next to mine....and maybe my grand children one day as well. Wow think about that one for a second! Dr. Seuss heirlooms....

In other news we started baby led wearing with Blip a  little over a month ago. He eats finger foods, sometime we read books...such as that 'Green Eggs and Ham' while he eats. He likes to eat ad he likes books, he is defiantly my kid. This inspired a crazy meal idea.
I must first point out that babies are not supposed to eat egg whites, just the yolks. When Gus and I had a spinach and mushroom quiche for dinner I had to throw together a baby safe version for Blip. The cool thing is that I now have a place for the egg yolks to go when I make meringue!  In this case I just threw the egg whites from Blips eggs into our dish. So our green eggs were born...Unfortunately we had no ham.  ::SAD::

I put spinach and egg yolks in the processor so we had a vitamin packed green egg mixture. I then used olive oil to scramble the eggs like normal. Sometimes I add green bell peppers or mushrooms to the mix. They are so easy. I even use the whole egg and Gus and I eat them to! Yum for Green Eggs. Blip eats them right off his tray with his hands! NOM NOM NOM

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...