Sunday, December 12, 2010

Homemade Christmas: Critters fun and funky hair bands


My 5 year old niece is one quirky and adorable girl. I'll take a second and brag that she is very witty, and has an imagination to match! She just started kindergarten this year and I can not wait for Christmas so I can see her and hear all about the adventures she is having there. And in honer of her I present to you a sneak peak of her Christmas present!

I made all four of these headbands from various things from my craft closet. The cool part of these is most the supplies are recycled from past products or taken from other things such as old sweaters or necklaces, or even bottles! 

Her mom makes her amazing hair bows for school so I thought I'd make her something a bit more funky and in tune with playing dress up!


The first I made is actually a hair pin. I made a flower out of felt with a big pearl bead center. I added a lady bug ribbon and hot glued it all on to a hair clip.


This one is flashy and fun! I used a root beer bottle cap as the center and folded over sized gold sequins into 3-D flower petals. It is set on a gold sequin headband.


A simple wood star that I panted blue with a white embroidery star layered on.I love the red sequin headband!

And last, but certainly not least.... A huge and fancy flower made from felt and tulle. I love this one! It is on a white headband and has beading detail in the center.


I hope she enjoys her Christmas present! It is wrapped and under my tree waiting for Christmas morning. More homemade presents to come....

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...