Monday, December 13, 2010

Homemade Christmas: Colton's Cushy Blocks


My youngest nephew is only 3 months older then Blip. He has just begun to scoot around, very cute! Blip has some cloth blocks that he loves and I thought my nephew might also enjoy some squishy blocks.

I actually  a cut up a very soft two layer baby towel into squares and simply sewed them with strong straight stitches so the hem was on the inside.  I left a few openings at the corners so I could stuff the blocks with cotton batting. I them used different colors and textures of ribbon, looped them and hand sewn them into the openings so they were shut tight. Babies love loops to play with and hold.

Upcycling the baby towel ended up being an amazing idea! The soft terry cloth gives texture while the smooth cotton-ish material is cute with the car print. I loved the way they turned out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...