Monday, September 6, 2010

Crockpot Roast


My farther in law hunts and we always have tons of venison in our fridge thanks to him. I love venison, it is tasty and very naturally healthy since a wild deer never gets shots of hormones plus enjoy a grass fed diet. We use it instead of beef in many recipes. The last batch he gave us included roast. I was very excited and since roast was something I had surprisingly never cooked decided to try something a little different then just a crockpot full of water to cook my roast in.



My Crockpot Vinison Roast
One bag of baby carrots
3 Red potatoes
1 Venison Roast (or regular beef roast)
1 Cup Beef Broth
4 cloves garlic, peeled
Salt
Pepper


Cut clean potatoes into chunks depending on your size preference and toss into bottom of the crockpot, add carrots.

Salt and pepper the veggies.  Pour in beef broth and add garlic.

Salt and pepper all sides of roast and put in crockpot. Cover roast with water.

Cook on Low for 10 hours.

Enjoy!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...