May has brought us a farmers market full of greens. We filled our market bag up with lettuce and arugula this week. In celebration I thought I would dedicate this muffin tin to crisp lettuce. And with all the salad we have been having I know Blip will be excited about a bit of wonkyness.
Ok, so this one is not in a muffin tin, it is a plate and ramekin combo. I just have a love affair with salads and such in ramekins. They are so cute, crisp, and white...small enough for Blip, but still a nice size for when I want him to dig into a "big bowl" of leafy greens. They are just fun to have around! It is still a fun meal with a compartment, and that ever important creativity!
- The stars and sticks are cut from red pear. I just used my star cookie cutter on them and sliced the leftover pieces.
- Crisp lettuce...it is a salad after all
- Apple sauce as dressing, yea it sounds weird but Blip loves it!
- Dried cranberry's sprinkled on
- The sticks reminded me of the center of flowers. They are long radishes that have been sliced into sticks. I just made tiny balls from herb goat cheese to stick on top!
For more awesome Muffin Tin Meals visit The Muffin Tin Mom