Monday, May 23, 2011

Muffin Tin Monday: Bugs In the Garden

Muffin Tin Monday at

    This week we played in the dirt a bit, then we ate bugs! Not the crunchy black beetles, instead we had the culinary delight of pear beetles . YUM YUM YUM!!!!

I decided to use my vintage corn bread pan this week. I like the shallow little textured corn theme compartmnets.

((From left to right))

  • Grass and weeds made from celery  and artichokes.
  • Hummus and whole grain crackers 
  • Ant made from pears (cut in circles), dried cranberry eyes, tiny celery slivers for legs
  • A tiny bit of applesauce and a spoon
  • Beetle made from pears, held together with peanut-butter, with dried cranberry as spots and eyes
  • Applesauce with floating strawberry, watermelon, and pear flower.
  • Another watermelon and strawberry flower with pear steam.also wanted to stem.
I also wanted to point out that last week I somehow managed to forget my button on top of my post. No one noticed, but I feel a bit bad. To make up for it I'm reminding all my readers to give the button a little clicky and see all the other great muffin tins meals, and of course all the great post by the Muffin Tin Mom herself!


    1. that's almost too cute to eat! I love it.

    2. This are the kinds of bugs I would love to eat!

    3. Cute bugs! Love the vintage tin too!



    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...