This week we played in the dirt a bit, then we ate bugs! Not the crunchy black beetles, instead we had the culinary delight of pear beetles . YUM YUM YUM!!!!
I decided to use my vintage corn bread pan this week. I like the shallow little textured corn theme compartmnets.
((From left to right))
- Grass and weeds made from celery and artichokes.
- Hummus and whole grain crackers
- Ant made from pears (cut in circles), dried cranberry eyes, tiny celery slivers for legs
- A tiny bit of applesauce and a spoon
- Beetle made from pears, held together with peanut-butter, with dried cranberry as spots and eyes
- Applesauce with floating strawberry, watermelon, and pear flower.
- Another watermelon and strawberry flower with pear steam.also wanted to stem.