Saturday, April 9, 2011

Saturday Morning Sunshine: Staying at home

I dread the forms I have to fill out where they ask for your career. And that moment where you meet old friends who had so much respect for you and really thought you would "go far". They look surprised when you say you are a stay at home mom, like you fell short. I never know how ...to respond to that look. Do I tell them all the joys of spending hours with my son or do I apologize that I disappointed them.

But the truth, even if it is hard to remember, is that I did not fall short. I am doing amazing things every day when raising a child. Sure my idea of what amazing is has changed since I brought Raz into this world, but that does not take away from it. 
 
There are days when I would love to be living my old life again where I went to work and people found me interesting, artistic, and looked up to me. The life where I wore heels every day and had myself so put together and sure about every step I was doing. But at the end of the day I would miss all the cuddles and I can honestly say that being a stay at home mom is the best job I've ever had. Some moms need  career, that is great for them, being a working mama defiantly has it's challenges. The grass is always greener you know... 
 
But at the end of the day I know that leaving me old life behind was best for me. And those heels still get worn on date nights and the people who matter still respect me. Even if I never catch up on laundry....which I don't...

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...