Friday, January 14, 2011

Bacon Wrapped Asparagus


Asparagus is really pretty and fun! When you see in at the market you just have to have it! But what do you do with it when you get home? Why steam some up for your baby of course and wrap the rest in bacon. Hey, I never said it was the healthiest option.... just the yummiest!

This makes an amazing appetizer! We have even been know to have a few spears next to baked apples and steamed veggies for dinner! Yea, we are bad like that. But at least we are eating our veggies. You have been warned, these are amazing and addicting....and dangerous if you don't have a brain or are me!

And for your entertainment let me tell you the story of when I almost burned the house down making these bad boys. I set to work wrapping up my fresh and beautifully green spheres before laying them on a cookie sheet with no sides. Needless to say the bacon grease got all over the oven. Yea I know, smooth...like chunky peanut butter.
Then that grease started a fire in the oven. Fire alarm sounded and Gus and I promptly ran around like crazy mad men trying to put the fire out. Not our brightest of moments. But we learned two valuable lessons that faithful day. Lesson one: We were not fire marshals in a past life. Lesson two: when you put bacon in the oven use a pan with sides.

But don't cry, the bacon asparagus was ok! All was good. And don't worry, with more common since then me you can safely have these to! 
Bacon Wrapped Asparagus
 



Wash asparagus spears and wrap a piece of bacon around each sphere.



 Lay in a pan with sides and Bake in oven at 400 for 20 to 25 minutes, or until bacon is cooked.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...