Tuesday, December 7, 2010

My dishwasher Detergant



For the longest time I put up with cloudy dishes, I had calcium buildup that made my glassware look like it had took a dip in chalk! I switched natural dishwashing detergants a few time, spending ton of money for not so good results.I finally decided that I was doomed for a sad life of cloudy dishes and stuck with a mix of borax, baking soda, and washing soda. It atleast got my dishes clean and I had the supplies already in my home.

Then one day in a waiting room I read that adding salt to the dishwasher helps. I did...and it did! But while cleaner my dishes still did not sparkle.

I know...I know...a very depressing story so far. It gets better.

I kept researching and trying countless other things in hope for another clue to make my dishwasher detergent perfect.   I did a lot of research and found the idea of lemon koolaid or Citric Acid. Skeptical I pulled out some old packs of koolaid that were doomed for the trash anyways and gave it a try. And I was in love! 


1/2 Cup Borax
1/2 Cup Washing Soda
1/4 Cup Salt
4 Packs of Lemon Koolaid (sugar free) or 1/2 cup Citric Acid

Find an old clean jar and a scoop to upcycle! Throw everything in and shake shake shake! One Tablespoon per load.

And vinegar in the cup where the jet dry usually lives!

Easy-Peasy-Lemon fresh- and shiny shiny!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...