Some days you just need comfort food. Food we ate as a kid. Creamy and perfect cheesy goodness.
Growing up this came from a box, but now I've learned to glory or real cheese versus powdered orange stuff.
And why not go the extra mile? Homemade Macaroni and cheese is fast and easy...YUM!
Mac and Cheese
1 (8 oz) Pkg. Uncooked Elbow Macaroni Noodles
1/4 Cup Butter
1 1/2 Cup Milk
1 Tsp Salt
2 cups Shredded Cheese (I used a mix of Parmesan and Beemster Grakaas...but cheddar is good to!)
1) Cook Macaroni according to package
2) Melt Butter in a Saucepan on low heat. Add flour and stir til smooth. Cook 1 minute while stiring.
3) Gradually add milk and cook over medium heat stirring constantly until thick and bubbly.
4) Add salt and cheese, stirring til cheese melts
5) Stir macaroni into cheese sauce. Cook over Medium-low heat for 5 minutes. Add pepper and paprika. Let stand for 5 minutes